Maple Grove, MN – December 4, 2015 – Pairnomix, LLC, a new genetic research company, today announced that it will launch in 2016. The Company is dedicated to helping individuals living with rare diseases by providing health care professionals with personalized information that enables them to better understand their patients’ genetic conditions. Pairnomix’ initial focus is on advancing understanding for people living with epilepsy and other disorders of the Central Nervous System. Matthew Fox will lead the company in the role of Chief Executive Officer.
Pairnomix is guided by international leaders in the fields of neurology and genetics with input from experienced business executives. Dr. David Goldstein is Founding Scientist & Chair of Pairnomix’ Advisory Board. He serves as Professor of Genetics and Development in the College of Physicians and Surgeons and Director of the Institute for Genomic Medicine at Columbia University (NY). He is joined by:
- Dr. Orrin Devinsky, Director of the NYU Comprehensive Epilepsy Center and the Saint Barnabas Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery (INN). He is also a practicing physician and Professor of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry at NYU Langone School of Medicine.
- Dr. Steven Petrou, Professor at the University of Melbourne, Australia. He is Deputy Director, Head of the Florey’s Division of Epilepsy, and is a neuropharmacologist.
- Dr. Matt Might, Associate Professor in the School of Computing at the University of Utah, where he works on cybersecurity, scientific computing and foundational research in programming languages.
- Dr. Slavé Petrovski received his PhD from the University of Melbourne, Australia and has a combined Bachelor of Information Systems and Bachelor of Science. He is currently a computational geneticist at the University of Melbourne.
- Mark Flynn is the President of GSV Capital, a publically traded fund focused on identifying and investing in rapidly growing late stage venture capital-backed private companies.
- Gray Knowlton, Chief Information Officer of Upsher-Smith Laboratories. He leads technology initiatives in support of operating plans and long-term business strategy.
“Pairnomix is uniquely positioned to make a significant contribution to the care of
individuals living with rare diseases,” said Matthew Fox, CEO. “Our advisory board has the vision and experience to guide our company forward and provide health care professionals with information that may significantly improve lives.”
“As the parent of a child with one of the rarest diseases in the world, I immediately appreciated Pairnomix for both its focus on understanding the root genetic cause of a disorder and its approach to crafting personalized assessments for treatment tailored to that root cause,” said Dr. Might. “We are entering the age of precision medicine, an age where patients and caregivers want to understand the genetic basis of disease so they and their healthcare providers can use this information to improve care. I am thrilled to be a part of the team at Pairnomix as it ushers in this bold new era in medicine.”
The Pairnomix Process
Pairnomix’ high-touch process starts with a review of an individual’s pre-sequenced genetic makeup by its scientific leadership. The purpose of this analysis is to determine if the identified genetic variants are appropriate for additional research. The next step is to perform a comprehensive characterization of the effects of these genetic variants on normal molecular functioning, utilizing laboratory-based models. Finally, testing of various pharmaceutical compounds against these models is conducted. A highly customized final report is then provided to the patient’s physician.
Pairnomix™, a genetic research company, is committed to helping people living with rare diseases understand the genetic roots of their condition. Pairnomix’ initial focus is on advancing personalized research for people living with epilepsy and other disorders of the Central Nervous System. To learn more, please visit www.pairnomix.com.
Contact: Elizabeth Likly